“They aren’t making more land!”
That’s a quote our founder, Russ Kiko, could always be counted on to say at a land sale. As a farmer and auctioneer, his love and knowledge of land has been passed down through four generations here at KIKO.
Today, our expert Auctioneers and Realtors
have the experience and passion to sell land fast. We deliver more advice, more options and more results.
Selling land can be tricky, especially undeveloped vacant or recreational land. Where do you start? How do you proceed? Our land selling experts have the top tips to help you sell your land.
- Research Is Key. Do some digging and look into a reasonable price for your land. Find out what other properties (like yours) have been selling for. Look into utility access and zoning possibilities is also a plus. Knowing these things will help ease the mind of your potential buyer.
- Understand Who Your Buyers Will Be. Anyone interested in buying your land will have questions. Be prepared. Depending on your type of property, knowing what it might be used for is the first step. Is it best for Commercial or Residential? Anticipate questions about soil condition, access to nearby amenities & services, local shopping areas, local school district, and more.
- Whole Vs. Parcel. Is it better to parcel off your land or would selling it as a whole property deliver better results? Is your land large enough to divide into parcels? Are you offering mineral rights? These are all good questions to ask yourself when debating the pros & cons of how to sell your land. A professional survey could help when understanding your land boundaries and value.
- Catch Their Eye. Just like selling a home, curb appeal matters. Simple things like that mowing the grass, cleaning up trash, clearing out fallen trees, and posting No Trespassing signs can help.
- Market Your Land. Make sure to hit a wide audience. Not everyone in your area is looking to buy. Hitting a broad range of potential buyers could make all the difference. Working with a professional in marketing your land is key. They will have other avenues to use that you may not have thought of.
For more advice on selling your land – and to learn how much your land is worth – call KIKO today at 800-533-5456